UW-Marinette is one of 13 locally-owned campuses, which, collectively, are the UW Colleges, the liberal arts transfer institution of the University of Wisconsin System. The UW-Marinette campus was built and is maintained by Marinette County. The University of Wisconsin provides the faculty and other support to make UW-Marinette a world-class university.
Why are we the best start for the life you want?
Here, you'll get a top-quality, University of Wisconsin education in an atmosphere that is both friendly and supportive.
Your Best Start on a bachelor's degree and unlimited career opportunities...
- Small Classes (average size is 18.1 students) with plenty of one-on-one attention, make the transition to college less stressful.
- Professors are approachable. In additional to being great teachers and scholars, they are known for going the extra mile to help students succeed during the critical first two years of college.
- When you're ready to move on, the UW Guaranteed Transfer Program ensures admission to the UW four-year campus of your choice including UW-Madison.
- A strong curriculum provides a solid foundation for success in future academics and careers.
- Classes are held days and evenings throughout the year.
- Advisors are readily available to help plan your class schedule, explain transfer options and examine career choices.
The best start doesn't come with a big price tag. We offer the lowest tuition in the UW System.
Fall 2013 Statistics
Enrollments: 503 students
Average class size: 18.1
55% women; 45% men
54.2% are full-time students; 45.8% are part-time students
22.4% are 22 +; 76.6% are 21 or younger
80% are first generation college students
55% of students receive financial aid (2010-2011)
Average amount per recipient: $6,461
Top five high schools for New Freshmen: Marinette, Menominee, Peshtigo, Wausaukee and Crivitz
Top five UW System Transfer Destinations
Green Bay, Stevens Point, Oshkosh, Milwaukee, Madison
Top five Baccalaureate Transfer Majors
Business, Biology, Education, Health Sciences, Communication Arts
2013-14 Tuition and Fees - $2,550.95/semester for resident full-time, 12-18 credits Instructional and Support Staff: Faculty: 13; Instructional Staff: 16; Support Staff: 29
Operating Budget: $3.4 m