UW-Marinette is one of 13 locally-owned campuses, which, collectively, are the UW Colleges, the liberal arts transfer institution of the University of Wisconsin System. The UW-Marinette campus was built and is maintained by Marinette County. The University of Wisconsin System provides the faculty and other support to make UW-Marinette a world-class university.
Here, you'll get a top-quality, University of Wisconsin education in an atmosphere that is both friendly and supportive.
Reasons to Attend UW-Marinette
- Small classes (average size is 18.1 students) with plenty of one-on-one attention, make the transition to college less stressful.
- Professors are approachable. In addition to being great teachers and scholars, they are known for going the extra mile to help students succeed during the critical first two years of college.
- When you're ready to move on, the UW Guaranteed Transfer Program ensures admission to the UW four-year campus of your choice including UW-Madison.
- A strong curriculum provides a solid foundation for success in future academics and careers.
- Classes are held days and evenings throughout the year.
- Advisors are readily available to help plan your class schedule, explain transfer options and examine career choices.
- The best start doesn't come with a big price tag. We offer the lowest tuition in the UW System.
Fall 2013 Statistics
- Enrollments: 503 students
- Average class size: 18.1
- 55% women; 45% men
- 54.2% are full-time students; 45.8% are part-time students
- 22.4% are 22 +; 76.6% are 21 or younger
- 80% are first generation college students
- 55% of students receive financial aid (2010-2011). Average amount per recipient: $6,461
- 2013-14 Tuition and Fees - $2,550.95/semester for resident full-time, 12-18 credits
- Instructional and Support Staff: Faculty: 13; Instructional Staff: 16; Support Staff: 29
- Operating Budget: $3.4 m
Top Five High Schools for New Freshmen
Marinette, Menominee, Peshtigo, Wausaukee and Crivitz
Top Five UW System Transfer Destinations
Green Bay, Stevens Point, Oshkosh, Milwaukee, Madison
Top Five Baccalaureate Transfer Majors
Business, Biology, Education, Health Sciences, Communication Arts