The Associate of Arts and Science Degree with Emphasis
What is an Emphasis?
UW-Marinette offers students the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts and Science (AAS) Degree with a specific area of emphasis. An emphasis is a concentration of course work in a given discipline or area of study. Completing an AAS Degree with an area of emphasis is not a requirement; it is an option to enhance the overall general studies associate degree.
When considering an area of emphasis, there are two important points to remember:
- Bachelor's degree programs into which a student can transfer are not limited to this set of emphases. The AAS Degree is an excellent start toward most four-year majors.
- Careful transfer planning is still important and necessary beyond completing requirements for an emphasis.
Emphasis Programs Available at UW-Marinette
- Provides focus for the first two years of study
- Expands knowledge and skills in a particular area of personal, professional or academic interest
- Offers the opportunity to "test drive" an academic major for a bachelor's degree
- Communicates a specific area of interest and expertise by adding definition to the general studies Associate of Arts & Science Degree.
For More Information
Meet with an Academic Advisor. Call Student Services at 715-735-4300 ext. 4301.