UW Colleges is the best start to a college degree and unlimited career opportunities.
UW-Marinette specializes in the first two years of a University of Wisconsin education that is accessible and affordable. We combine the advantages of a small college with the resources of the world-class University of Wisconsin System. After starting with us, you can transfer to any University of Wisconsin four-year campus or other university to complete your bachelor’s degree.
Why Choose UW-Marinette?
UW-Marinette has a long-running and robust international student program. Since 1988, UW-Marinette has enrolled more than 500 international students from all corners of the globe. We combine the advantages of a small college with the resources of the world-class University of Wisconsin System.
Students have come from all over the world including countries in Asia, Europe, Africa and South and Central America to study for one semester or several years. Here is what UW-Marinette has to offer.
- UW-Marinette is one of the UW Colleges’ oldest and largest International Student Programs.
- Intensive English Program helps students gain English proficiency.
- The campus provides an intimate campus environment with dedicated faculty and small class sizes and is located along the beautiful shore of Lake Michigan.
- UW-Marinette provides extensive opportunities for campus and community involvement.
- International Programs has an active calendar of social and cultural enrichment opportunities.
Intensive English Program
UW-Marinette is the ideal enviornment for completing your general undergraduates studies, regardless of your major. Our campus offers Intensive English Program courses for students who do not meet the minimum language requirements for admission into academic classes. Our Intensive English Program is a full-time, 18 hours per week, intensive study of English reading, writing, grammar and oral communication.
Intensive English Program courses at UW-Marinette are designed to assist students in acquiring the skills needed to successfully transition into full-time academic study at the college level. All students who enter UW-Marinette will particpate in placement exams so that we can find the best English language instruction for you.
In addition to our International Programs staff and Intensive English Program instruction, UW-Marinette has many resources to assist students in English language development and academic and social growth. Our campus has dedicated tutors for math and English, as well as small class sizes and dedicated faculty where one-on-one support is guaranteed.
About The International Program
Our program offers you the opportunity to earn an Arts and Science Associates Degree and complete the foundation courses for your bachelor’s degree in any major.
The International Program at our campus provides international students several advantages including:
- Unique Guaranteed Transfer Program ensures admission to the University of Wisconsin four-year campus of your choice, including the University of Wisconsin-Madison. You can start more than 200 majors and specialties. Our campus offers the courses you need to complete the first two years of your requirement towards a bachelor's degree.
- Earn an associate degree before earning your bachelor’s degree.
- University of Wisconsin Colleges campuses are located in smaller communities that are safe and friendly, so you can enjoy an authentic American experience and get to know American students.
- Small classes, so you receive one-on-one help.
- Personal attention from highly-qualified professors (85% have highest degree in their field).
- Assistance from an international student advisor to guide you through your American educational experience.
- Comprehensive orientation to help you adjust to life on your new campus.
- Strong university curriculum provides the foundation for more than 200 majors including engineering, business, finance, education and many more.
- Starting your University of Wisconsin education at the University of Wisconsin Colleges can save thousands of dollars compared to starting at the University of Wisconsin-Madison or another University of Wisconsin campus.