Students seeking admission into academic classes will:
- Be eligible to obtain a student visa
- Have graduated from high school
- Need a minimum score of 61 on the internet-based TOEFL (500 paper-based), or a minimum score of 5.5 on the IELTS
Students without an English Language test score, or those with a score below the minimum, will be admitted into our English as a Second Language Program (ESL).
- View details on specific application requirements for international admission.
- View a list explaining the application process
Priority international application deadlines are June 1 (for fall semester) and November 1 (for spring semester). Applications received after these dates will be reviewed individually but may need to be deferred until a later semester.
|International Student Arrival||On or before August 18|
|New International Student Orientation||August 20-29|
|Move into Student Housing||August 27|
|Classes Begin||September 2|
|Thanksgiving Holiday Recess||November 27-28|
|Last Day of Classes||December 12|
|Study Day||December 15|
|Final Exams||December 16-19 and 22|
|Winter Break||December 23 - January 25|
|International Student Arrival||On or before January 19|
|New International Student Orientation||January 21-23|
|Move into Student Housing||January 21|
|Classes Begin||January 26|
|Spring Break||March 23-27|
|Last Day of Classes||May 13|
|Study Day||May 14|
|Final Exams||May 15-16 and 18-19|
|Commencement||May 20 (tentative)|
Students can find an estimate for how much it will cost to study at UW-Marinette. This includes academic course tuition, health insurance, housing, meals, books and personal expenses.
Tuition and Fees for the English as a Second Language (ESL) Program are slightly different. View the ESL fee details.
Navigating the immigration process can be confusing. You will find current information about becoming an international student in the United States when you visit these websites.
- Study in the States – United State Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- How to Navigate the US Immigration System – Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)