Deciding to go to college or return to school after a number of years is an important step. Academic advising is at the heart of the admissions process for UW-Marinette. Making an appointment with an advisor is the first step you need to take to become a college student. With one-on-one guidance, you will learn about majors, academic requirements, the process of transferring and veterans' benefits. You will also get help in assessing career goals, planning a return to school, adjusting to academic life, or other areas of concern relevant to a successful college career.
The Office of Student Affairs is open Monday - Friday from from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Evening advising is also available by appointment.
For an advising appointment, go to the Office of Student Affairs (M-126) in the Main Building or call 715-735-4300 ext 4301 or email email@example.com.
Your Academic Advisor can help you:
- Explore academic and career goals
- Select classes for major exploration and degree completion
- Find academic resources
- Learn how to use PRISM
- Learn about transferring
Schedule a Meeting
While an Academic Advisor may have posted hours, it is in your best interest to schedule an appointment. For current or accepted students, follow these steps. For potential/future students, please call 715-735-4300 x4301 to schedule an appointment.
Prior to your Appointment
- Review the Associate's Degree requirements
- Explore the course schedule online. You are required to bring a list of possible classes for the following semester
- Print a copy of your unofficial transcript and bring it to the appointment. For instructions on how to print your transcript from PRISM, click on Student Help at http://uwc.edu/prism/
- Bring a list of questions or topics you want to discuss with your Advisor
If you cannot make it to your scheduled appointment, call to reschedule. Other students are also trying to get in for appointments, so please be considerate and call if you need to reschedule.