Advanced Standing Credit

If you are a degree-seeking freshman or sophomore, you may earn advanced standing credit for specific college-level courses.

Those courses are determined by the academic departments that serve the University. For complete information, visit the UW Colleges website

In some cases, standard examinations such as the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or the College Board Advanced Placement Examination are used. Advanced standing credits will be recorded on your transcript as such and grades will not be assigned to those courses.

Please contact the Student Affairs Office for additional information about earning advanced standing credits.