Placement Test Registration
If you have any questions about what tests to take, please contact Jennifer Hass, Senior Student Affairs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-735-4300, ext. 4303
*Important: If you would like to take a RETEST of your placement exam, you should know the following information:
- If you are attending another UW school, you should check with them before taking a retest as many schools will not accept a retest score
- UW-Marinette will not allow students to take an English RETEST
- If you still wish to take a RETEST then you will need to contact Jennifer Hass at 715-735-4300 ext. 4303 to schedule the exam
In order to determine the level of placement in college English composition and math classes, students need to complete the UW System English and Math Placement exams. Optional foreign language exams are also available in French, German and Spanish. These tests must be taken before meeting with an academic advisor and before enrolling in the first college English composition or math course. Only battery-operated, silent, non-graphing calculators are acceptable for use during the math exam.
There is a $35 charge for students not attending UW-Marinette and special student placement tests. And there is a $10 charge for retesting.
Math and English tests are both 90 minutes in length. The Writing Sample (required of all UW-Marinette students) is 30 minutes in length. Foreign Language tests are available but will need to be scheduled at a separate time. Because the tests are times, students arriving late will have to arrange to attend another test date.
All testing will take place in the Main Building, unless otherwise indicated.
Schedule for Testing Day: (all times are approximate)
Please notice that registration is being done over the internet – meaning that you will not be receiving any paper registration materials. You can register for the date you want, however we suggest you register for the earliest date to ensure you scores are available for your advising appointment to pick out classes.
You must sign in upon arrival in the Office of Student Affairs and should bring the following items:
- Two to four #2 pencils
- Battery-operated, silent, non-graphing calculator
- Payment receipt for test fee, cash, check or money order
- Picture ID
- Comfortable clothing with a jacket or sweatshirt