Earn your Master of Science in Education from University of Wisconsin-River Falls in just 16 months right here in Marinette County. UW-Marinette's Office of Continuing Education, through a partnership with the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, offers this accelerated degree program to residents of both Wisconsin and Michigan at the same low in-state tuition rate.
The shared inquiry process is a learning method in which students search for answers to fundamental questions raised by a text, lecture or experience. Participants in shared inquiry learn to give full consideration to the ideas of others, promoting thoughtful dialogue and open debate.
Who Should Enroll?
- K-12 educators in all teaching areas
- Higher education and vocational and technical school instructors
- Anyone interested in developing teaching and leadership skills in an educational setting
- Earn your master's degree within two academic years
- Meet one weekend a month at a convenient location
- Work with experienced facilitators and enthusiastic peers
- Set and achieve personal and professional goals based on educator standards
- Enjoy a positive learning environment while gaining skills that are immediately applicable and relevant to your current position
- Create a customized action research project to improve your classroom or school
Additional Admissions Requirements
In addition to the graduate student Admissions Requirementsapplicants must submit a one-page, personal letter of intent that includes:
- the reasons for your interest in this program
- a description of your current teaching position
- an explanation of how you plan to apply what you learn in this program
Please note that this program is specifically designed for practicing teachers and that all courses are completed in a cohort fashion. As such, previously obtained graduate credits will not be accepted into this program.