The Mission of the University of Wisconsin-Marinette Foundation, Inc. is to promote excellence at UW-Marinette while enhancing the educational and cultural activities available on its campus.
The Foundation's primary objectives are to provide scholarship opportunities for students; encourage and support programs designed to involve the community in the campus; and help improve the resources available to students, faculty and staff.
Incorporated in 1974, the UW-Marinette Foundation is an independent non-profit organization that exists for the purpose of raising, investing and distributing funds for the benefit of the University of Wisconsin-Marinette. Alumni, community members, faculty and staff, businesses, industry, philanthropic foundations, and friends have contributed many Foundation gifts to the campus over the years including over $12,000 in student scholarships a year, two-way video classroom furnishings, faculty multi-media computers, Theatre on the Bay backstage renovation, and the campus entrance sign.
At this time, scholarships are awarded in the spring for the following academic year. Applications may be obtained from high school guidance offices or the UW-Marinette Student Services Office. Applications are also available as PDF files online.
The UW-Marinette Foundation is the official fund-raising and gift-receiving organization for UW-Marinette.
By making your gift today, you will join alumni, community members, parents, and friends of UW-Marinette in supporting the campus. To make a gift to support the UW-Marinette Foundation, please use our online gift form to send with your donation or contact the Foundation office by phone at (715) 735-4300 ext. 4339 or by email at email@example.com.
The Legacy Society
We extend to you an invitation to join the UW-Marinette Foundation Legacy Society. The Legacy Society is a program designed to build long-range financial stability for the University of Wisconsin-Marinette. Through the Legacy Society, you can include UW-Marinette in your future plans. By doing this now, the possible tax advantages to you can increase the value of your estate, enabling you to do much more than you ever dreamed possible. For more information, read the Legacy Society Brochure (pdf file).
Other Giving Opportunities
Buy a Terrace tile for our Alumni Walk or Community Court in our UW-Marinette Sculpture Garden
You can help the UW-Marinette Foundation create a sculpture garden at the campus's main entrance. It will have both permanent and changing sculptures in a setting of indigenous plants and benches. Terrace tiles displaying the names of alumni, faculty and staff, and community friends will pave an Alumni Walk through the garden to a Community Court. The Sculpture Garden will
- Showcase the campus entrance that ties the arts to the environment;
- Let people know who our great alums, faculty, staff and friends are;
- Create an ever-changing display of outdoor sculpture by student-artists and professionals;
- Open our new conference/reception room onto a front lawn for gatherings and TOB intermissions.
Foundation Board of Directors for 2012-2013
- John L. Seaborg, President
- U.P. Engineers and Architects
- Lee Bunting, Vice President
- U.P. Engineers & Architects
- Nancy Kallgren, Treasurer
- Nancy J. Kallgren Law Office, LLC
- Tim Baneck
- School Disctrict of Marinette
- Dan Hannigan
- First National Bank & Trust
- Marcia Hubert
- Stephenson National Bank & Trust
- Katie Jones
- Broadway Real Estate
- Deb Kroll
- iBeauthentic, LLC
- Jim Martell
- Hansen-Onion-Martell Funeral Home
- Tom Maxwell
- Farmers & Merchants Bank & Trust
- Phyllis Petrich
- Trusted Systems, Inc.
- Jennifer Short
- Wisconsin Public Service
- Ex Officio – Vilas Schroeder
- Chair, Marinette County Board of Supervisors
- Ex Officio – Paula Langteau
- Campus Executive Officer and Dean, UW-Marinette
- Ex Officio – Brad Walters, Director Emeritus
- Unger & Walters, S.C.
If you are willing to serve the Foundation as a volunteer or make a gift to support UW-Marinette, please contact the Foundation office by phone at (715) 735-4300 ext. 4360 or by email